Potton Salvation Army
Potton Salvation Army Band 1910
The Salvation Army barracks in Potton opened in 1890 amidts the jeers of the Skeleton Army, a group set up in the 1880s specifically to oppose the Salvationists. The barracks was in Bull Street. Sadly Bedfordshire and Luton Archives and Records Service has no records deposited by the Army, which moved into the redundant Methodist chapel in Chapel Street in 1976.
The Salvation Army Citadel March 2007